Please visit our dedicated COVID-19 page for our position statement and information
As a social enterprise, EMERGE is committed to making a positive contribution to the local community, and as such is proud to provide employment for people in the region.
We have a range of roles available within our recycling operations; from drivers to depot operatives. When vacancies arise we advertise them here, so please keep an eye on this page and on career websites and our social media accounts for notifications and details of how to apply.
In the meantime, why not volunteer and add experience to your CV? Contact our Volunteer Team about opportunities for one off or regular volunteering, for example within EMERGE 3Rs food redistribution operation FareShare Greater Manchester or in Touch Wood; Call Anna or Liz on 0161 223 8200 Option 6
37.5hrs within the opening hours of 8.30am – 8.30pm Monday to Friday and occasional Saturdays 10am – 4pm
£12 per hour / £23,400 per annum
FareShare GM are looking for an experienced Warehouse Co-ordinator to oversee the day to day safe operation of a food warehouse, which includes supervising a diverse team of staff and volunteers. FareShareGM are also preparing to make the move to their new warehouse which will enable them to get even more food to people in need, whilst reducing the impact of food waste on our environment. If you are passionate about making a difference and thrive in a busy environment FareShareGM are waiting to hear from you.
- Provides agile day to day management of the FareShareGM warehouse including the co-ordination of daily work schedules and activities and the provision of a positive working environment
- Works collaboratively and proactively with colleagues across all areas of FareShareGM
- Ensures all operational activities and compliance reporting requirements are completed to agreed schedules, and food safety and H&S standards are met.
- Maintains good relations and communications with logistics providers, food donors and Community Food Members in receipt of FareShare foods
- Ensures daily compliance with all FareShare UK policies and procedures and industry standards as required by food donors and regulators
- Works with the Volunteer & Employability Programmes Manager to train volunteers and other work placement trainees within the warehouse.
- Line manages direct reports through clear objective setting and day to day coaching
- Demonstrates cultural sensitivity and the ability to build the trust and engagement of community groups.
- Supervisory/management experience in a busy warehouse environment
- Good working knowledge and understanding of food safety requirements
- Strong communication skills
- Experienced in planning and prioritising team workloads within a rapid changing operational environment.
- Ability to identify issues within own area of work and take appropriate action, working without constant supervision to achieve outcomes
- Strong people and team management skills
- Excellent customer service skills, able to identify, respond and resolve issues quickly and confidently
- Experience using MS Office programmes and in-house databases accurately
- Willing to undertake training when required (e.g. food safety, food hygiene, forklift truck etc.)
- Experience working in the not-for-profit sector and/or with diverse community groups desirable
For further information and an application pack, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for completed applications is midday on Monday 10th May 2021.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 12th and Thursday 13th May 2021.