Coronavirus: Message to Customers, Visitors and Associates
As always, the safety and security of our customers and team members remains our highest priority. We are doing everything we can to ensure your on-site protection and minimal exposure through contact with EMERGE Recycling whilst providing maximum flexibility as the situation around coronavirus (COVID-19) develops.
We will continue to update this page as we make additional updates to our existing communication around our service to your site and drops offs of material to our site.
Last updated March 20th 2020
With Coronavirus (COVID-19) spreading across the world and in our local community, at EMERGE Recycling our operating policy and procedures are as follows:
- Rigorous, increased cleaning and disinfecting of regularly used objects in our offices, warehouses and vehicles.
- Requiring all staff and volunteers to maintain the best methods of virus prevention, especially frequent hand-washing with soap and hot water, and use of high alcohol content anti-bacterial wipes for cleaning;
- Increased availability of hand sanitizer, hand-washing stations, and hand-washing notices throughout our operations;
- We actively require anyone with COVID-19 or flu-like symptoms to refrain from working or volunteering, particularly dry/tickly cough, aching limbs and fever;
- Wherever possible, we are instigating remote working for staff so they can self-isolate and minimize social contact on a precautionary basis.
- Regular updates to the EMERGE team about the situation in the UK and best practice.
Our waste and recycling operations remain open as usual. Wherever feasible, we are carrying out our usual drops and collections to EMERGE customers, and encouraging visitors on site to drop off material to be recycled, bagged. We are actively asking all visitors to refrain from coming to our premises if you feel unwell (including high fever, cough, shortness of breath) and follow NHS guidelines on self-isolation: https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19. This includes customers dropping off material for recycling, and associates coming to attend meetings.
Thank you very much for your continued support of EMERGE Recycling.
Stay well and please adhere to Government and NHS guidelines including social distancing measures to avoid infection. Call us if you need any clarification on 0161 223 8200 Option 2 or email firstname.lastname@example.org